Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Reason I haven't Posted For So Long...

Excuses, excuses. I know, I'm pathetic. But this time, just let me off the hook. I've been just a tad busy. My sisters and I decided to do a craft fair this year and sell some of our baby and children's items. It all started last spring when I went into the most adorable baby boutique in Southern Pines, and realized that while the merchandise was gorgeous, it was WAY over priced, and hey, I could make something just as tasteful for a much better price. So off we went on our little endeavor.

We had a blast! Jen made BabyWear Slings, BabyStay portable fabric highchairs, Little Helper children's aprons, and some adorable nursery doorknob hangers. My sister Amanda made 'ColorMe' coloring book bags (one of our best sellers), and some 12 Days of Christmas Nativity Scenes. My sister-in-law Jessica made 'Stick 'em Up!' magnet boards and 'Head Halos' (baby hair bows.) And I made some 'Change It!' baby changing systems (a stylish case for diapers, wipes, and cream that comes with a changing pad), Snuggle Me car seat blankets with matching hats, Curtain Call Puppet Show Theatres, stamped note cubes with matching pens, and tons of cards.

By the time the fair rolled around, Jennifer and I were sure that we had spent way too much money on our materials and probably wouldn't ever make our money back. It ended up with great success and not only did we make back what we spent on supplies, but now we each have a nice little Christmas fund, plus all the leftovers for great Christmas gifts. Maybe I'll take December off!




5 comments:

A.Jean said...

As Zoie has learned from me, "Holy moly." I have to hand it to you and your sister, you don't do anything half way. I'm delighted that you were able to end up with a Christmas fund. I know your work and I'm sure all shoppers appreciated the detail and care that was put into every piece. You're the best. I love you, Jean

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable Marisa. Truly amazing.

Anonymous said...

That's just fantastic. That set up looks so classy and inviting. Can't wait to see the items. Success!
Congratulations!
Love,
Peg

Anonymous said...

You amaze me.
Love,
Shan

Jill T said...

Wow! I am so impresses! I'm so glad you posted pictures! I've wanted to see what you made since your mom told me about it! Everything is beautiful! So was it worth it? Will you do it again?