Monday, May 18, 2009

Mr. Knight and Little Red Riding Hood

The kids had a Fairytale Frolic at their school. They read lots of fairy tales over a few weeks and then the kids dressed up as their favorie character for school. Ryan's costume came from some pieces we already had and then I wrapped his helmet and shin guards with tin foil. It was a hit. Ms. Emma's costume was a little more difficult, but not much. My friend Mary had a pattern for a cape that calls for felt and didn't need any hemming. It took about 45 minutes from start to finish and Emma looked darling! Now that's my type of a project.

3 comments:

Jennifer and Jacob said...

Absolutely perfect! I love the cape!

Peggy said...

They are adorable. Nice work. Reminds me of one Halloween at the Grand Canyon. Shan woke up the morning of and didn't have a costume so we tore up a sheet and wrapped his entire body in strips like a mummy. He won first prize. (I worked on Jade's "Wonder Girl" costume for 2 weeks and she got zip.)

Chelsea said...

Well, once again Marisa, you do something fabulous and pretend that it was easy and only took a little bit of time. Those two look PERFECT. Love it!