Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ryan is playing soccer!

So I'm learning that the focus needs to be on hard work and not on the outcome. Ryan is obsessed with winning and losing right now. So we're working on it by playing board games, backyard games, and now he's playing soccer. So far, so good. He's got great coaches who are really interested in teaching the kids the game and offering age-appropriate drills and games instead of using the win/lose mentality. He also gets a ton of exercise and I'm amazed at how those kids can keep running and running. He's always tired but really happy afterward and I know that's a good thing.



The whole group.

They get a gumball at the end of practice for job well done.

Miss Madeline checking it out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Ryan, you look like an athlete! I would love to watch you play soccer. Good for you buddy.
Love you,
mimi

A.Jean said...

Wow, a soccor player for all of us to keep tabs on. Ryan, we're very proud of you. Emma and Maddie, I love seeing you while Nana reads you stories. Both Zoie and Vance love stories and toting books too. Marisa and Nana, it appears the two of you are taking wonderful care of those three darling children while Shan is serving our country. I love and appreciate all of you. GA Jean

Rachel said...

These are the greatest! I love that Ryan is playing soccer, so is Sam...plus that picture of your husband is totally hot! Oh, you must miss him so much! You are totally sacrificing for our country...you are my hero Marisa! Can I add you to my blog connections?