Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Apple of My Eye

While my sister Amanda and her kids were here, we got to pick apples from a friend's tree. Caleb and Jeremiah were little monkeys in the tree, climbing as high as they could to find the biggest apple. Emma was a very diligent worker and picked lots and lots. Emelyse was a great help putting the apples into boxes. Ryan provided us with humor (the ladder was a little wobbly for him), and Maddie just ate as many apples as she possibly could.












This next sequence of pictures makes my mouth water...





5 comments:

A.Jean said...

What a grand time had by all. Kids and apples, what a great combination. Nature is a beautiful thing and it's so nice to share it's bounty, huh? What's the next step? Bill and I canned 48 pints on Tue. Gave a bunch to Gramma Alice and sister Jill. Gramma has brought apple crisps as a thank you and Jill an apple pie and apple butter. Yum, yum. Thanks for sharing the joy. GA Jean

A.Jean said...

Oops. The "gave a bunch" was supposed to be followed by "of apples." We shared the apple sauce with the Dunbar Gang, but the rest of the sharing was apples for others to process, ha. GA Jean

Anonymous said...

Stop it! Too much beauty at once. I cannot stand how darling they all are. What fun for the cousins to get together and pick apples. Gorgeous all. Especially Nana!
Love
Mimi

Jessica S. said...

That looks like so much fun!

Jade said...

What a fun time! Some of my favorite memories are of times like this with my cousins. I check your blog almost every day Marisa. Thanks for posting these pictures. Beautiful children. Give them hugs for me.