Thursday, April 24, 2008

10 Years and Counting...

This lovey post is for my husband of 10 years (today is our anniversary). It’s a little sappy for the general public, but this blog is one of my only ways of surprising him this year, so bare with me here.
We were married 10 years ago and I can hardly believe it’s been ten years! Some days it feels like we were just married. But then I look at my kids growing up or glance in the mirror and I’m shocked to see some middle-aged lady with wrinkles staring back at me. I mean, we’re in our thirties! In those moments, I can hardly believe it’s only been ten years. It feels like we’ve known each other forever.

April 25, 1998- the date we “sealed the deal.” It was an end to the single life and a beginning of wonderful days yet to come. We have certainly had our share of disappointments and struggles. But for the most part, we’ve lived a wonderful, adventurous, joyful life. As our children joined our family one by one, they each expanded our joy and contributed to strengthening our marriage. I think that the hard times have made our wonderful times even more meaningful. This year apart has been pivotal in redefining our relationship and our goals for our marriage and family. It has really put things into perspective. We make a great team… Shan has taught me to laugh and love more and worry less. I have taught him to clean up after himself. ☺
On our wedding day, I remember thinking I couldn’t ever love anyone more. But as the years have passed and I look back on our relationship, I can see that our love was just beginning. Now I know that true love is the kind that comes with experience, commitment, sacrifice, and time. You, Shan Grimmius, are the one person in the world who I love most.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marisa,
Thanks for making my day! Love you.
-Shan

A.Jean said...

Congrats you two. I too find that the ten year mark of your anniversary a bit surprising. The calendar is turning at a brisk rate. You're two of my favorite people and yes, you're a wonderful loving team. Your children show the love you have for one another. I had to chuckle as I read Marisa's comments on the self improvements, ha. Lots of love from the farm and wishing you many years of happiness together. Jean

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two! You are such a beautiful family and we love you guys so much! Marisa, I have to admit I'm really sad that you are leaving soon! I know it is only for a year, but, this time that you and your children have been here have been great. I will miss coming over and doing WHATEVER it is we do. Love you.

PS..Shan, by the way, the flowers were gorgeous!

Foote Family said...

Congrats on 10 years!! It is amazing how the time goes and to think back on all the things you've been through as a couple! Best wishes on the decades to come!

jenae nae said...

marisa- thanks for making me cry- i seriously did- just thinking about shan over there logging onto his blog..... wow...
ok- my camera is the new nikon d80- i really like it-
congrats on your big day-
our 12 year anniversary is on sunday-
and- i know how you feel about the whole old thing and looking in the mirror- it is troubling huh? we swore we'd never be as old as our mothers and here we go! haha
jenae nae

Kelly said...

Happy late anniversary! I love these pictures of you guys! Congrats on 10 years!! :)