Friday, August 1, 2008

Madeline's Big News

Drum roll please..................................................................Madeline is potty trained! I have to say after potty training three kids, the only consistent thing that I know is that each child is different and will do it when they're ready, end of story. This child required princess underwear, M&Ms, and a pink tricycle to motivate her. Will I miss changing diapers in parking lots and playgrounds or the minute before we're supposed to be out the door? Absolutely not. I told Shan he got a free ride on this one... he'll be home and no more diapers to change thanks to me. So let me have just a minute of glory.

7 comments:

A.Jean said...

Oh Maddie, what a big girl you are. I'm so proud of you and if we didn't live so far away, you could hear me clapping and saying, "WOW!" Mom, kudos to you too. Yup, this is a BIG step. GA Jean

Jade said...

I am so jealous. David and I are lazy about this. I think Ezra is really ready but we are not - not committed you know to cleaning up accidents and being vigilant. Anyway, way to go Maddie (and Marisa) !

Chelsea said...

CONGRATULATIONS. What a great feeling to have it all done. Good for you! (And darling picture of Maddie, as always.)

Rachel said...

Ha HA HA HA!! You are so funny Marisa!! I am so happy for you...oh the day when we graduate from diapers forever...won't that be great. Good job Mom!

Foote Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Foote Family said...

Congrats!! It is so nice not to have to change diapers anymore! I always reward myself with a new, smaller purse that doesn't have to be large enough to carry diapers and wipes.

Peggy said...

That is the cutest, most "look how happy and amazing I am" picture ever! Way to go Maddie! You are such a big girl now. They don't make princess underwear in my size or I'd wear a pair to celebrate with you!
Love
Mimi