Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day

We were so happy to wake up and find snow on the ground! The kids had been begging me for it all winter, and I just couldn't deliver on my own. So thanks, Mother Nature. It was so, so pretty this morning. We had some cardinals in our yard in the trees and it was seriously postcard perfect.


Being a Utah girl, I think it's hilarious how everything shuts down here when it snows... the kids didn't have school and we got to play the day away.

We left all our snow gear in Utah, so we improvised and made plastic bag boots to stay dry.
Evidence of a fun day.

4 comments:

A.Jean said...

Read your comments and figured I'd check NC. Well, after our snow, I have to say I'm glad it's you and not us. Your pix are beautiful and the kids look like the improvision didn't slow them down. How very cleaver, to bag 'em. Your ingenuity is awesome. Hope you've enjoyed you snow shoveling time off. Jean

Jessica S. said...

Looks like you had a great time in the snow too! Fun idea about the bags on the shoes. We got a ton of snow down here - the kids had a great time. Fortunately we had all the snow gear we needed, snow boots, ski pants, waterproof jackets & gloves - school is cancelled tomorrow too for us! YAY!

Cormorant said...

Okay, I LOVE the plastic boots.

Also, I just wanted to tell you that I was thinking about you the other day. Jeff has been out of town for the past 1 1/2 weeks on business. I miss him like crazy and he (thankfully) comes home tonight. Anyway, I was watching the inauguration and saw that one of Michelle Obama's platforms is supporting military families, and that one of President Obama's platforms is to increase the amount of time between deployments. Anyway, they talked a lot about it and how long some families are apart and then how soon they get deployed and I started bawling! Here I was alone for just over a week and it felt like forever!

I mean, I'm SO grateful for Shan's service, but I can't imagine having the strength to be a "single mom" for months and months and months! I admire you so much and appreciate all you did/do to support Shan and our country. You are truly serving as well!

Rachel said...

My kids and I are soooooo jealous!