Monday, January 26, 2009

Life In A Nutshell

A pretty good snapshot of the current state of affairs at our house was reflected this evening in the kitchen. I was making a blueberry pie for Family Home Evening and the kids were reading books on the floor. We heard the garage door opening (which can only mean daddy is home) and the kids went running out to greet Shan from work.

Ryan: "Dad! I didn't move my bee at school! And I saved my video game minutes to play Lego Star Wars with you!"
Emma: "Dad, I have a new library book and look at this picture I drew for you!"
Madeline: "Dad! Mom has sparkly lip gloss and she put some on my lips!"

Life is good.

4 comments:

This Life said...

I Love hearing my kids run for the door when Philip gets home. Totally makes the day!

Rachel said...

How funny Marisa, I just got through looking at your latest post and loved it! The blueberry pie and lego wars and lip gloss? Brilliant. You made me laugh out loud with your comment on my blog right now! I totally get that. See, Sam is in charge of his attire already too. So he is wearing a cape, fireman boots an awful power rangers shirt (that of course was a gift from someone that sees you often-so you can't get rid of it) and messy hair. Sabine is soon to impress 'hip mamma x' too! I say own it! It's great to let kids be kids! (But it is hard to relinquish the fun of making cute little mini outfits too!!)

Peggy said...

Blueberry pie! Impressive. Doug and I made our mouth-watering lemon meringue for FHE with Jade and David and fam. plus Alex and the missionaries. Love my three sugar-pie grandkids and the adorable things they do and say. Precious how enthusiastic they are about their dad.

A.Jean said...

Ooh, bet your house was smelling good by FHE. Love all the interaction between kids and a Dad or Mom coming home. Oh and in our case, it's fun when we show up to the open arms, smiling faces and hugs from the wee ones. Love to read and see pix of your clan there in NC. Jean