Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Enjoying our Fall Break

Last week was Fall Break, which is only three days here. Poor Emma was sick for most of it, but we managed to get out of the house on the third day for some outdoor recreation in the beautiful leaves. We met my sister Jenn and her kids in Provo Canyon for a picnic and play. It is so pretty right now with the beautiful colors and snow on the tops of the mountains!

The whole gang.


The best kids in the world! (Except for, of course, all of yours:)

We have been trying to find letters in nature and we found this awesome "F" stick. And a cool heart rock! And you know how I LOVE heart rocks. This one was a little too big to remove and add to my collection, so I took a photo instead.

I love this picture. I think Emma looks like Aunt Alex and can you even stand how cute Maddie's belly is?



So I really wanted to get a cute ground picture, but the sun was just too bright for them to open their eyes! I think it still turned out great.

Jenn's cute family.

We were picking leaves for leaf art. Isn't she gorgeous?

8 comments:

Doug G. said...

What awesome pictures! I miss Utah and your family. Thanks for sharing.

The Seaquist Family said...

So cute! But my first thought was how cute your hair is. Love it a little darker. So good for winter. Hope all is going well at the new school for all of you. Life as a student...again. You are awesome!

Rachel said...

WOW!!! These photos are MESMERIZING...
Love all these! Thanks for sending me some well needed autumn!!

A.Jean said...

Love the canyon pix. So glad Emma was up for an outdoor day. I love Ryan's dimple's. Am I right in thinking that only the boys, Ryan, Ezra and Vance have dimples? Love the pic of all the girls laying on the ground and the game of finding letters and symbols. Creativity in whatever is happening is so important.

Jessica S. said...

What a nice field trip for you guys! Lovely pictures.

One of my fondest (ya right) memories of provo canyon was the night before Dylan was born, we're driving down Provo Canyon at 10pm, going from Midway to Utah Valley Medical Center, I was praying the whole time "Please don't let me have my baby in Provo canyon." lol

Also, all that traffic when they cut the tunnel out of the mountainside... that was a pain.

I miss Utah.

Foote Family said...

I was just enjoying the beautiful fall colors to and from church yesterday. I have missed seeing them and love the fall! Great pics! I have a great camera, but I really need to figure out how to use it.

Jade said...

Meh, I'm pretty sure you're kids are better than mine. Love these pictures - they are all so beautiful. And yes, Jenn is so gorgeous. I love her bone structure - her jaw and cheekbones are perfect. Maybe that's a weird thing to point out but whenever I think of good bone structure, I always think of Jennifer.

the Sayler's said...

Your family is SO beautiful!!! we blog as well (thesaylers.blogspot.com) I am so excited to be able to keep up with you now:)