Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Muppet Show

October was filled with parties, and my kids pretty much wore a different costume to each thing, since, let's face it- Halloween is just like any day around here since they absolutely LOVE to dress up. I'm serious, I don't know what they would do without our costume bin.
Pre-Halloween necklaces that my mom sent for a little craft.


Halloween Day 1- Preschool party for Madeline. She was so excited about this costume that she had it all set out on the floor the night before. Including the red and white checked ribbons for her hair. When we walked into preschool, my friend, Angela, said "Madeline you look so pretty! You are Dorothy! And where is she from?" (Expecting her to say Wizard of Oz) So Madeline, puts her hands out like she's going to do a curtsy and says, "Kansas." Hahahahahahaha. I about died laughing. I have NO idea how she knows that. Kids are hilarious.

This is Day 2- Elementary school parades and parties. When the really cool thing about having a Darth Vader costume is your mask and your light saber, it's a bummer when the school says not to wear masks or weapons. Poor Ryan was a little deflated, but he complied.

On Day 2, Madeline decided to be a fairy girl since Emma was Madame Butterfly and she wanted a face painted like Emma's.


And finally, Day 3 which was really Halloween. Madeline finally donned the beloved chicken costume, made lovingly from two plastic gloves, three feather boas, and a pilot's cap. This is perhaps the cutest thing I have seen. Ever.

Our pumpkin carving this year had to include BYU and Emma came up with this bright idea.

The Muppet Family. Emma and Ryan think the two old guys on the Muppet Show are hilarious, so they inspired all of us to join in on the fun. Miss Piggy is one of the most fun costumes I have ever put together. Who doesn't want to spend the evening in red velvet and white gloves with pearls and feathers and fake eye lashes? I could have lived without the suffocating pig nose, but still, it was pretty darn hilarious. And Kermit liked it, so that's all that matters. (Madeline isn't quite the floppy chicken, but at least she's the chicken. Somehow, I just didn't think Gonzo would have been as cute.)

Emma couldn't keep her hands off of Madeline- she thought she was so adorable.

We had a Halloween party and were so happy to have so much family around to invite!

Apparently, the toddlers all got the chicken memo. Eli, Maddie, and Liam (Cadie's son).

I was trying to come up with a nutritious addition to the festive spread when I saw this cute idea- apple wedges with toasted slivered almonds.

Bronson, Tana, and Cadie (Shan's cousins)

Jade and David totally cracked me up.

Skeleton bone breadsticks (but everyone thought they were dog bones...hmph.)

Donut maker extraordinaire (mom!) and Miss bumblebee Jade. Can you believe how cute that beehive is?

This was so great too- Eric and Jessica decided to be the Publisher's Clearing House people- balloons and a giant check too. So creative!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

Marisa, this post. Where to begin??? Okay, first of all, Dorthy? She is the cutest thing ever! Those shoes! And her little teeth and braids and did you make that dress?? Kansas. Too much.

I love the picture of the girls at school with the makeup. And Ryan is so handsome and he looks so obedient in his costume -- so sad about his light saber and mask!

Um, and the chicken? Oh my gosh, how, what, where in the? I'm so glad I could contribute to that. She is perfect.

The BYU pumpkin is awesome.

And you and Shan! AhAhahahaha! That is the funniest thing I've ever seen! I LOVE you!

Finally, your mom cracks me up, love the food, love the three chickens (Liam is adorable!), love that the Bull kids came, love Eric and Jessica and Preston and the costumes, LOVE little Jade and her beehive. Oh man, this was just pure pleasuer....

Cormorant said...

So fun! Love the costumes; isn't it great being so close to family again?!

Foote Family said...

I love the costumes!! The kids love the idea of us all dressing up, so next year we want to do a theme. I love the fairy faces!

A.Jean said...

Well, thx to Chels, she covered it all. Yes, this is a awesome post and all participants are too. Looks like a wonderful time. One thing, since I love what kids have to say, you know Maddie's answer "Kansas" just bowled me over.

Lisa said...

That is so fun! I love all your kids different costumes. Looks like you had a super fun party. I'm sorry we couldn't make it.

justLorie said...

What fun! The chicken costume is my favorite. Abby ended up wearing 5 different costumes this year between school, church and trick or treat night!

Mimi said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Every picture is pure pleasure. Maddie as Dorothy is too sweet for words. I couldn't stop laughing at her chicken feet in that fantastic costume. Both girls are MAHVELOUS as Madame Butterflies and you, Miss Piggy, are off the charts.
Have to put in a word for the Publisher's Clearing House family. They cracked me up. Whoever comes up with an idea like that?
Lastly, Maryann. Peace sistah. Love that lady.

the Sayler's said...

I am way impressed with everything - and i love the chicken costume too!