Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Happy Thanksgiving

We had a lovely Thanksgiving here in our home. We were happy to have my dad and Eric and Jessica and their sweet children join us for a fantastic meal.



Delicious, fattening, mashed (with butter and whipped cream) sweet potatoes with pecan and brown sugar topping.


Placecards thanks to Martha.

Shan

The children made some turkeys with thankful feathers for the kids' table decoration. Here are their thankfuls: Madeline- brother, sister, friends, toys, mom, dad, and country (meaning USA- not the music!). Emma- food, family, God, house, mom and dad, world, body, friends; and Ryan- parents, Star Wars, God, friends, games, food, Jesus, Earth. I think they pretty much get what life is all about:)
You slave for 6 hours to bring the meal to fruition, and all they want are the rolls.

Ryan

Madeline

My dad

Eric and sweet Preston

The only picture I got of Jessica was just as she was leaving because we were working in the kitchen the whole time!

Precious baby Dylan. 8 lbs. and counting!
My thankful list is way too long to narrate. But the main thing I'm thankful for this year are the relationships I have with loved ones and friends. Afterall, what is life without people to share it with? I am learning that it is much more important to be loving than it is to be right.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Marisa, I love these pictures. What a beautiful table! I love the placecards! (Martha, my fav...) And Ryan looks so cute in his sweater and I love the thankful plates. Madeline = to die for. Emma, gorgeous as always. And baby Dylan is as sweet as she can be.

Rachel said...

Wow! You get creative, that's awesome!! :) Looks like you had a good one.

Claire said...

Great pictures! I think I need to upgrade my camera...maybe some day. I'm glad Thanksgiving turned out so wonderful for you!

A.Jean said...

Looks like a grand feast and lots of fun. The kids are gorgeous and the idea of the thankful plates is really great. Every since the first pix of Dylan I still can't get used to that style pacifier.

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving was so great! I'm sorry Preston was sick all over your house, and I hope none of you caught it!

The food was delicious and the decorations were so cute! We hope to see you soon. Love ya.

Peggy said...

Fabulous feast. Everyone looks beautiful and well fed. You pulled it off better than Martha. And speaking of gratitude, I am SO thankful for you, Marisa!

Anonymous said...

Marisa,
We sure miss you around here. I love hearing about your family with your blog. Thanksgiving looks amazing, you are such a great cook! Say hi to everyone.