Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Surrender

I give up. I'm officially the worst blogger on the planet. I decided to take most of the month of January and the entire month of February off. Because in Utah, it's all I can do to just survive the winter.

Sometimes blogging just bugs. At times, I feel like it's How Awesome My Life Is Compared to Yours. And that is not me at all. I get so tired of reading people's "perfect" blogs and for two seconds you start to believe that their life is much more refined and enjoyable than yours. But at the end of the day, everyone has to take out the trash. Let's get real, folks.

I care more about living our life than I do about presenting that life to others. And I hope if my blog ever gets to feeling phony, someone will call me on it. Here's my pledge to blog with honesty... strengthen friendships and family ties without depleting the self esteem of others. It's so much more fun to see real life than it is a perfectly planned out and positioned pictorial post. How's that for alliteration?

Now that I got that off my chest, I think I can blog again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you took the words straight from my mouth. I'm also on a little bit of a strike.

I have decided that I will only post pictures with subtitles, but all the information on our, haha, 'perfect life'? No thank you. Really, whats to point?

The Seaquist Family said...

Oh me too! I had to take my blog roll off my blog because I was spending to much time reading about others "perfect" lives and getting depressed. REally - I blog the truth. The good bad and ugly. At least I try to. And the point is to let family see us since we never live near by. I miss you around here. Glad you are back to blogging.

Foote Family said...

There's nothing wrong with being honest!! I haven't been blogging very often either, mainly because there's not much to tell. I do miss you posting so I can see what you're up to, even if you just post about taking out the trash.:)

A.Jean said...

I love this post. I blog basically for myself, so on the days the kids aren't here, I can look at their gorgeous little mugs. Sometimes there's snot, dirt smudges, hair all askew, tears (usually from behing the camera as I'm shooting the action), the back ground is cluttered with toys, etc and it takes the place of my neglected journal, lol. I don't understand perfect blogs, because life isn't perfect, know what I mean?

Tana and Bronson said...

I love your honesty! I just told Jade the other day that I call blogs "brags" I'm guilty of it too... especially since I had Sawyer. Before then I would blog once every few months... maybe. Now I feel horrible when I see blogs of new mom's doing all these things when I can barely make time to eat and sleep. I'm with you... I'll start blogging the good, the bad and the ugly!