Friday, July 30, 2010

Sundance to Stewart Falls

We took the Sundance tram up the hill and then hiked to Stewart Falls. The kids did really great! We ate lunch at the top and got cooled off in the mist of the falls.

Emma's stuffed dog, "Puffy," hiked with us the whole way...

Madeline loved this tiny caterpillar.



" I've arrived."

The whole gang at the falls.
From the trail:
"It's just sooo pretty!"
"This is fun."
"Look at that huge tree."
"I'm the trail guide... follow me!"
"A heart rock!"
"I'm hot."
"This is hard."
"I hear water... Listen!"
"A bumblebee!"
"A caterpillar!"
"Eeeek! A snake!"
"I want to go to the top!"
"We made it!"
"Woah... we're up high."
"Mom, I love you a million, googolplex, forever, infinity, period, period, period."
On the good/better/best list, Shan and I agree that family hiking is on the best.

6 comments:

A.Jean said...

Looks like a great adventure. Kudos to the outdoor activities.

Jade said...

That's so awesome. I hope hiking is a hit with our family too. It's so fun to see your faces - i love the Stewart Falls hike/Sundance tram.

Fowler family said...

Looks like you guys are having fun. I miss those Utah mountains! And how fun for you to venture out to DC to go visit the hubby! Hope all is well. Good luck this next year!

Chelsea said...

Look at your family hiking! Isn't it so great that you are at that stage? I can't wait! It seems like just yesterday that you and Shan and Mike and I hiked Stewart Falls....

Rachel said...

Marisa,

I just love you. Since you visited with me, I love you even more! Thank you so much for taking the time to be with us, I feel so honored. Your kids are just amazing and a total delight to be with. (It is no surprise to me since they have the most rockinest Mom ever).
These are great photos. I hope it's not too long before we see you again. :)

Love ya!

Rachel said...

OH, and hiking is on my best list too! Period, period, period.