Friday, May 23, 2008

Moving across the country one more time...

When we picked up the U-haul, we were a little nervous about how SMALL it was. I knew I would have to leave lots of things behind, but I prioritized pretty well and made piles of "definitely goes," "maybe goes," and "probably won't fit." Well the Radio Flyer Spring Horse Madeline got for Christmas was last on my priority list (sorry Maddie). It is just so big and I figured the kids could still enjoy it when we visited Nana. But never underestimate the value of a good packer! I thought Shan was good, and now I can see where he got it. Doug fit everything in there with precision. It was almost like Tetrus. No holes.When I went out in the garage and saw that he had dismembered the Spring horse, I about died laughing. It's legs are sticking out all over the place and it's upside down. Poor thing. But it fit!

Reading stories with Mimi.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work Dad, thanks!
-Shan

justLorie said...

Sam packs like that! We were so OVER heavy once that our truck rocked back and forth all the way from Texas to North Carolina!

Foote Family said...

Best wishes on your trek back east! I know you have many friends waiting for you to come back to NC. What a blessing it was to spend the year with your Mom and reconnect with everyone:)!!

A.Jean said...

Wow, way to go little brother. That's some packing job. Good luck, good thoughts and prayers as all of you make your way to NC. Love, Jean

Jade said...

Haha! I love that. It makes me so happy to see a well-packed space.

Rachel said...

Marisa! Best of luck to you on the move! I didn't know you were headed back there...oh man, we'll miss the opportunity to see you as much as we have been able to in the last couple of years. I know we'll cross paths again, and we're so excited for you!
I'm loving the horse shot! haha!

Jill T said...

Marisa, good luck unpacking and getting all settled!

jenae nae said...

Marisa- what is going on- you have to email me- i guess i didn't realize you were leaving so soon- call me

Callie said...

Marisa-
I miss you! I am glad that we were able to go to dinner even if it was ten! ha ha I hope that you arrived safely and are getting settled. Kinley wants you to tell Ryan Hi and Emma from Addie