Monday, February 2, 2009

Emma's Artwork

Emma is a prolific artist. I cannot possibly count the number of pages she creates each day. The trick for me is trying to get rid of the excess, without her knowing, since every picture is her "favorite" one. She has a board in her room where she displays her favorites, our refrigerator is covered, and I keep the best ones in an art file for her. The neatest thing about her pictures is that she almost always gives them away as a special present for a sibling, teacher, or friend. This week, she gave me three such gifts and I cherish every one.
For this masterpiece, she asked me to put my hand on the paper so she could trace it, and then she traced her hand on the paper and added the people and decorations.
A rainbow, flowers, grass, and a river running by a tree with a butterfly, a blue sky, and shining sun. All the elements of a perfect 6 year-old's day.

Now this is my favorite of the week. Not only did she put two quarters on, but she also sacrificed her beloved Sacagawea coin for me too. And how about the words? "Mom is like a swete smeling flower and is like a sumr." Looooooooooooove it.

4 comments:

This Life said...

My girls are the same way. I have started sending extras to grandparents and g-grandparents!

A.Jean said...

Maddie, I love your artwork. You have real talent and creativity. Your rainbow is aresome and I think I see some flying bugs. If I remember right, soon you should be able to see "fire fies" again, right? I remember them from years ago while in GA. I get to see beautiful stuff here too. Thanks for sharing, GA Jean

Mimi said...

Marisa, you are loved!!!!!!!!!! It takes a lot to give up one's Sacagawea coin. Those renderings are beautiful Emma. Very creative and artistic.

Jennifer and Jacob said...

I am afraid I would be described as a smelly old sock in winter to my kids :) Those are awesome pictures, Emma! I would love to get one in the mail sometime :)