Friday, June 12, 2009

School's Out!

I am amazed at the effort it takes just to end school these days... we had end-of-year performances and field trips and cookouts and behavior parties and bowling trips and class parties and fun day. Pretty much, Ryan and Emma could have just skipped the last two weeks of school and not missed a thing, except for fun.This was Emma's cookout at Seven Lakes. Mimi and Daddy enjoying the day at the lake.
This is Ms. Walters and Emma loves her.

This is sweet Mrs. Ray. Emma loves her too.

Last day of school!


Ryan sung "Chim Chim Cheroo" (Mary Poppins) at the Second Grade Musical and it was so fantastic! I decided you don't know fear until your seond grader gets up in front of hundreds of people to sing a solo.... I'm serious, I was almost sick. But he did soooo well- perfectly on pitch- and when he was finished, the crowd went wild. When we got home, he asked me if I thought he could be on American Idol:) Chimney Sweep atire
Ryan and his friend Chloe.

Mrs. Davis
Mrs. McNeil

Three cheers that Ryan survived Second Grade!!! Way to go.

7 comments:

Jessica S. said...

I know what you mean about the last 2 weeks of school... I think Dylan ate a ton of junk food those days and watched a lot of movies. My Ryan on the other hand was doing math even on the very last day! His teacher was a nazi and they didn't have any kind of party or anything...

Peggy said...

Fantastic. Thanks so much for posting these in the midst of your MOVE!!!! Impressive to say the least. I jsut wish I could see the the video of Ryan singing. I feel so fortunate to have had my own private concert while I was there. He has an incredible voice. Sweet and pure and perfectly on tune. American Idol should be so lucky!!!

The Seaquist Family said...

Guess Ryan read your earlier blog about his smile, because there are such the 8 year old "I'm too cool to smile big" smiles. And how heart broken they would have been to miss out on the end of the year fun! We are going to miss you much.

Mimi said...

Ryan. You are so handsome. These are darling pictures of yours and Emma's last days at your school. I think you're going to enjoy your new home.
Love
Mimi

Jill T said...

I wish you had a video clip of Ryan singing his song. I would love to hear it!

Rachel said...

Awwwwww...super sweet. What a good idea to get these photos! So the kids don't forget their awesome school and teachers! Did that year fly or was it just me??
Your kids look so big and grown up. Ryan seems so chill and cool.

Foote Family said...

Yahoo, school's out! When are you headed west? I'll be in NC on Saturday (6/20).