Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cabrillo State Park and Aquarium

On one of our last days in California, we decided to drive down and visit Cabrillo Beach State Park. It is a nice small beach and it has a great little aquarium, but the neatest thing about this beach is the location. It was right next to a huge seaport and my kids loved watching the huge ships passing and the cranes loading and unloading freight. After our daytime play, we ate a fantastic seafood dinner at a restaurant right on the shore and then drove the gigantic bridge across the port a few times just for fun.
So this picture of Ryan says it all for me. He is such a nut and always does his own thing for the camera. I am learning to stop posing the kids to make them look acceptable. Because it ruins their fun and spoils the moment. Plus, when they grow up and see these pictures, I want proof of how patient I was.

We all loved the touch pools- Madeline was a bit squeamish at first, but she got the hang of it!

Again...

We could stare at jellyfish all day. So beautiful, but so dangerous... hmmm, I'm seeing a life lesson here.


I have no idea how many millions of germs are on the nose of that dolphin, but Madeline had to kiss it. Our California adventure was perfectly exciting in the mind of a mermaid/dolphin obsessed four-year old.

1 comment:

A.Jean said...

Love these. Ryan you have an awesome imagination and I'm glad Mom was at the ready to capture the fun. Yes, I agree that posed is one thing, but the "snap shots" capture the moment, fun and joy. Emma's look of fear is priceless on the whale tail. The dolphin kiss is grand. I love the touch pool pic. I can almost see that little finger making contact. Reminds me of the pumpkin cleaning stories this year. Zoie is a trooper, Vance and Arya just delighted in the final product.