Monday, November 22, 2010

October Wrap-up

This year, we spent a day at Gardner Village with our cousins participating in the scavenger hunt, "Which Witch?" The kids had a lot of fun spotting all the different witches and Halloween displays and earned a cookie from the Bakery for their diligence. Ryan, Ethan, Abby, Emma, Jade, Madeline.
Petting zoo.
The girls and I decided to make Halloween silhouettes for our windows. I also made a big witch flying on a broom to put in the big window above the door, but I forgot to take a picture! (I love how Ryan is shooting me in this picture.)
On Halloween, Jen and her kids came down and we made doughnuts to feed friends and neighbors. This is something my mom did every year when I was growing up, and I think it's a tradition worth keeping!
I think there were 8 dozen dougnuts and lots of chocolate glaze! To be honest, this was more work than I expected. But when our kids came back from Trick-or-Treating, they were ecstatic because the word on the street was about the awesome "doughnut house" and they were proud.
Here are the costumes for the year:
Miss Madeline was SilverMist (TinkerBell's friend).
Emma got to wear a costume that Peg made years ago for one of her girls.
We added a wig, makeup, and a nose and she was the cutest clown ever. Thanks Mimi!
Both Ryan and Ethan were Harry Potter this year so they had fun doing spells together all night long.


4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Do not even show me those donuts! Oh my gosh, they look amazing. And I could not stop chuckling about Maddie's wig for some reason! It's just so big and she's so small and darling, aha!

Love Ryan's and Emma's costumes too, they are perfect. And those silhouettes are such a great idea! I'm going to do that next year. Halloween is so hard to decorate for tastefully, you know? But those are perfect.

Marisa said...

Chels, I know- Madeline's wig is HILARIOUS!! It's just so opposite of who she is. So funny.

Peggy said...

I can't get over these pictures. Each costume/make-up job is absolutely perfect. Ryan looks amazing. Maddie is in her full glory (the wig alone is enough to make any girl's dreams come true) and Emma is the quintessential clown.
Don't even get me started on the donuts. You are a genius.

Rachel said...

WOW! Amazing donut display! Very fun. Loving the costumes this year. You are such a fun mom. Is Ryan really into Harry Potter? Has he read the books yet? I think they are just out of Sam's reading level, soon though!