Wednesday, October 17, 2007

An Early Halloween Sneak Peak

So our church held it's annual Halloween Carnival early this year. At first I was pretty ticked off because we weren't prepared at all. When I heard about it Sunday at church, I realized we only had two days to pull it off. I had already purchased fabric and a pattern for Emma's dress which meant I HAD to make it quickly, and that is funny to anyone who knows me. I've never even made a dress before- I'm more of a pillow, curtain, table runner kind of sewer. My mom was a huge help and put in the sleeves for me at the eleventh hour. Emma was so excited about the finished product. When we found her pink wig, you would have thought she died and went to heaven. PINK HAIR??? Pure ecstasy.

So here they are: Maddie is wearing a pink fairy costume that Emma wore two years ago (sorry, kid. Get used to it), Emma is Glenda the Good Witch, and Ryan is a Storm Trooper. He has a great mask, but couldn't wear it to the party, so I compromised with him for glasses and a Nerf gun for props. We'll don the mask for trick-or-treating.




My first dress!!! Complete with sequined butterflies, PUFFS and all...

Okay, I had to add this picture. I put a little mascara and lipstick on Emma to complete her princess look. But she looked so pretty, I almost made her wash her face. I'm definitely not ready for this...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did it!!!! That dress is fabulous and every girl's dream! Super mom! Emma is gorgeous. Ryan so handsome, and Madeline perfection.
OK. Those kids melt my heart. They could not be cuter. Thanks for the Halloween treat.

Love
Mimi

Jade said...

Haha! That is so awesome. That pink wig rocks.

Anonymous said...

Nice work Marisa, you pulled it off. Can't wait to see those kids!

A.Jean said...

Wow, these kids are once again just gorgeous. Mom (and Nana)you're the best. Luckily, the little ones in Skagit also have a Mom and Nana that do the sewing chores. Wish we lived closer, so we could see these darlings in real life. GA Jean

Jill T said...

Wow! I am so impressed with your 1st dress! And your kids are beautiful!

Stacie Tew said...

Your kids look great! I can not believe how much they have grown and changed. I see a lot of you and your mom in your girls. Thanks for sharing your blog address. I loved reading all the posts. When was Amanda visiting?