Sunday, October 7, 2007

Humpskunk Stories

We were thrilled when Grandpa Stobbe came for a visit last week. He made paper airplanes with Ryan and Emma and they raced them for hours. Then, before bed, he promised them a Humpskunk Story on the floor. For those of you who have no clue what Humpskunk is, let me explain: Humpskunk is a giant who Grandpa made up years ago when he told stories to his children. When I was little, I remember him telling them to me too. My favorite one involved some sort of giant rock throwing contest where Humpkunk missed his target and kept hitting the moon- giving the moon all it's craters. Over the years, his stories of Humpskunk adventures have become a family tradition and something I still look forward to hearing. My kids loved it so much. All three snuggled in and Madeline insisted that Grandpa not let go of her finger.






Grandpa's infamous bear hugs...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. What lucky kids to have such a great Grandpa! So special and dear. I want to hear a humpskunk story. They will remember that forever.

Love
Mimi

A.Jean said...

These are great pictures and a great tidbit about Great Grampa and story telling. Hoping someone has either recorded or otherwise documented the stories for future generations or even a book for others to enjoy. Grampa looks so vital and perfect for Ryan, Emma, Maddie and all the kids. I'm lovin' this update and all the sweet faces. GA Jean