Sunday, March 2, 2008

32 Reasons to Celebrate!


On March 3, 1976, Shan Ryan Grimmius was born to Peggy and Doug Grimmius. They loved him long before I did.

Here are 32 reasons we are celebrating the man who is perfect for us...

1. He loves us and makes an effort to show us every day… even across the miles. The phone and SKYPE have been wonderful.
2. His chocolate chip cookies are out of this world. Other specialties include scrambled egg sandwiches and tuna melts.
3. He has become an amazing listener. I am a great talker. Together it all works out…
4. He wrestles with me. (Emma)
5. He is a patriot. Just loves the USA.
6. He is a wonderful employee. The ARMY is lucky to have such a dedicated, hard working, and trustworthy person.
7. Shan is a math wiz. Our taxes are done before I know it, he can figure out five-page math problems, and loves to crunch the numbers and calculate stock value. Pretty amazing. 8. He has a great sense of humor and keeps us laughing.
9. He makes a point to kiss me before he leaves in the morning and when he comes home at night. (I’ve been missing that☺)
10. He is passionate about politics.
11. Shan has “smiley lines.” Crow’s feet to some. I love them.
12. He is a wonderful gift giver. He really takes time to think about the perfect gift and always nails it on the head. As evidenced by the chocolate dipped strawberries delivered last week.
13. Some of his famous words: “You can’t go wrong with quality.”
14. The other day, Madeline was sick and on the couch. She looked at me and said, "Mommy, when daddy comes home, he will snuggle me." He's a good snuggler. (Madeline) 15. Works out every morning, and it's early.
16. Jumps out of airplanes. What more could you want for Pete’s Sake?
17. His first words to me were, “Good morning, Sunshine.”
18. He's easy on the eyes.19. He is an awesome athlete- golf, baseball, basketball, the works. 20. Loves the Lord and tries to do what’s right. He is doing a great job as the Serviceman’s Group Leader for the LDS soldiers at Camp Speicher.
21. He has always been supportive of my ideas- encouraging me to run my own business, go back to school, make a purchase, or whatever the current need may be. 22. Positive and complimentary in general.
23. Has a contagious smile. 24. Easy to be around. Shan is hard to get stressed out and is naturally a patient person.
25. Brings me sushi and other fine cuisine. A food connoisseur at heart.
26. Loves to do yard work and keeps ours looking great.
27. Really cares about his employees and invests himself in their lives.
28. Loves good music. Loves to have dance sessions with the kids. Makes me “concert cds” for my car.29. Reads like a maniac. Anything and everything.
30. Shan is very compassionate and loving to the people he meets. He doesn’t judge others and he doesn’t talk about them behind their backs. It’s just not who he is. I am a better in this area because of his great example.
31. He can break dance! Once, he even won a middle school competition.
32. He takes me hiking, camping, and fishing. (Ryan)
For all these reasons, and so many more, we love you Shan! Have a happy birthday! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute Marisa! I loved reading it. It's going to be so great when Shan comes home!

PS - Henry made me play the video 20 times. So cute.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Marisa, Great memories/job! Doug G.

Jill T said...

one more reason, he made one of my kids' favorite movies...our wedding video! Happy Birthday Shan!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shan! We love you! We hope you have a wonderful day. PS.. the picture with you on the pot is priceless!

Jennifer and Jacob said...

Those pics are adorable. Who knew that he could be so cute? JK. We love you too Shan. Marisa is lucky to have you :) Jen

A.Jean said...

Thanks Marisa for reminding me and everyone about this young man's wonderful qualities. I've known from about day one that he's a special spirit. Your "32" is spot on and Dave Letterman's group couldn't capture the essense of one man like you did. Shan, I love you, your wife and your family. Auntie Jean from the farm!!!!!