Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Madeline's Stool

Well, it's true, the women I know all love a good tool. They're wonderful. Someday, I'm going to dedicate a post to my favorite tools, because I have many. And now Madeline has discovered this all on her own. She discovered Nana's black stool. It folds up and carries nicely, it has handles on top just perfect for her hands, it is lightweight, and it gets her everywhere she would like to go without having help. I love watching my children gaining their independence and wanting to do everything by themselves. And that is now my sweet 2 year old, Ms. Madeline.

These pictures remind me of a favorite childhood book, "I Can Do It Myself." It's a Sesame Street book and it's all about the things Ernie could do "all by myself."

I can do it myself.

I can carry the stool.

I can comb my hair.

I can get my own drink.

I can get in my high chair.

I can play the piano.

I can turn on the fireplace.

I can reach the light switch.

I can do it myself.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

This is such a cute post - she is adorable!

Jennifer and Jacob said...

aaawwww. That was adorable!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, this post makes you smile! We love you, Ms. Madeline!

A.Jean said...

What a wonderful series of pix. There's something about the pic of her carrying the stool that really tickles me. Maybe it's the unsaid, "I'm getting to be a big girl." Yeah Mom, I know you don't want to hear that, ha. Jean

Carrie said...

Funny . . kids do the funniest things! Take care. Zoie asks about Emma, Ryan, and Maddie.

Foote Family said...

Well, Madeline is just like our Olivia. Olivia has a step stool also that is never in the bathroom when she needs to use the potty. I wish we were closer, I know they would be great friends!