Friday, July 18, 2008

Hatteras Island

We found a dead sting ray on the beach. It was so beautiful and big and a great science lesson for the kids!
Merpeople



Hatteras Island Lighthouse



The grassy hills by the beach were so peaceful.


Our beach house was perfect. It's so nice to have everyone in the same house because you can really spend a lot of time together. We did puzzles, movies, games, hot tubbing, crafting, napping, eating, eating, and more eating.

Grandpa Stobbe brought kites, beach balls, and ping pong ball games for the kids.

After a long day at the beach, we were all caravaning and trying to find a restaurant that could take 15 people right away (every place had a long wait). We were all mad and crabby at that point and found the perfect restaurant, "The Mad Crabber." We all felt much better after some great seafood.


6 comments:

A.Jean said...

These are all great pix. I love the last caption. I giggled out loud when I read the name of the restaurant. I'd have thought you went via Providence, RI or something. Love, Jean

Jennifer and Jacob said...

Wow. Just went through the vacation pics. jealousy isn't a strong enough word. Missed you all, but am soooo happy you had a good time. Lots of love!

Peggy said...

Wonderful. Fabulous. Wish you were here.

Chelsea said...

Cool beach house! I miss the Outer Banks. You guys are lucky. I love Emma as a mermaid and all the merpeople.

Jade said...

Cool sting ray. I saw a live one when I was snorkeling in Mexico and it totally freaked me out. I also love the shots of "merpeople." I loved being a kid because you could do stuff like that. I suppose we still could but then we'd get sand in our pants...

Cormorant said...

Looks like you all had so much fun! I'm sure it was great to have everyone visit.