Friday, October 31, 2008

Our Little Pumpkins


I am learning that being a mother is a lifelong lesson in letting go of control. It's soooo hard for me... I have issues. But I managed to let the kids be in charge of their own costumes this year. Ryan was a spy, complete with spy gear and laminated credentials. Emma was a "cheerleader," using last year's dance recital Minnie Mouse costume (we thought this was funny, but she wouldn't budge.) Madeline went through three costumes this year. She started out as Ariel yesterday, but after wearing it around for a few hours, she decided it was too itchy, so she switched to Cinderella for our Trunk or Treat. Then, this morning, she announced that she wanted to be a ballerina for the real Halloween, so here she is.



Shan and I were an awesome disco couple and I am working on getting a picture for your viewing pleasure. I can't wait to see all of your kids dressed up because you know you have to do the obligatory Halloween post.

7 comments:

Foote Family said...

Yes, control is something I must also work on. I am working on getting our pics posted. I can't wait to see you in costume. Maybe next year Duane and I can be creative!

Mimi said...

Adorable all! Wish Papa and I had been there to treat you. Ryan, you are a perfect spy. (In that last picture he reminds me of you Marisa, in "West End Girls". Do you see the resemblance?) Emma is the quintessential Minnie Mouse cheerleader! She looks like she'd be perfect for a Gwen Stephanie video). Maddie, sweet, adorable, Maddie! A beautiful ballerina.
I miss you all SO much!
Love
Mimi

Marisa said...

Peg- about West End Girls, I totally had the same thought when I saw his facial expression. How funny is that!?

Lower Fam said...

I love the pics of your kids. I know what you mean about the control thing. I'm potty training Garrett and no matter how bad I want it, he is in the driver's seat on this one! Happy Halloween--or I should now say "Happy Thanksgiving"
--Jamie (Andersen) Lower

A.Jean said...

Love the pix and Peg's comment. I believe the West End video is tucked into the video cabinet, kinda under lock and key, ha. The kids look wonderful. I love how Maddie kept her costume a moving target. We're also working on potty training here at the farm. One day maybe Papa and I will be trained, ha. Love from the farm, Jean

Jill T said...

The "minnie" cheerleader is a hoot!

Tana and Bronson said...

I was so excited to see your comment on my blog! What a beautiful family you all are. I can't wait to see the Halloween pics of you and Shan.

Funny that Brons and I are studying the same things as you and Shan. I'll have to get some advice from you. Didn't you intern for Dave Letterman?