Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wilmington Beach Trip

The kids are on their fall break from school, so we are taking advantage of every day for family time. Last week, we went out to Ft. Fisher to stay and enjoy the beaches. At the beach we made stick forts, drew in the sand, built sand castles, flew kites, played Bocce, and boogie boarded. I am convinced the beach is the best place for a family vacation since the kids are in heaven all day long and are exhausted for bed at night! At night, we put puzzles together, watched movies, played games, and ate a shrimp dinner courtesy of Shan.
Shan and I built the towers, Ryan built the wall and dug the mote, and Emma decorated the tops with shells and made a seaweed flag for the center. Madeline helped by patting the sand down over and over again.
The finished product.


Mr. Jokester

Madeline played in the sand all day. She loved building little stick forts with the sticks on the beach. I found a live clam and she played with it forever, putting it on top of the sand in her bucket and watching it dig down.


Mermaid Princess, complete with seaweed belt and crown.


Emma wrote the entire alphabet in the sand. She also searched for sand dollars and seashells the whole time and we came home with 2 tons of "special" shells.


Madeline doling out the kisses.


cool kite flyer



The kids in the car when we got on the ferry heading down to Southport.

Ryan is now "cool guy" and I am not ready for this phase.

Emma


Shan and Madeline

8 comments:

A.Jean said...

Ooooh I just pulled up your site and found all my lovelies from the East. Well, almost and you know who you are, ha. Looks like everyone is enjoying Fall break and being a wonderful family. Lots of love from the NW, Jean

Peggy said...

I've been waiting and waiting for new pictures and here they are! Everyone of them screamingly fantastic. Mermaids and castles and cool dude Ryan. What an idyllic vacation. It doesn't get much better. Emma and Maddie and Ryan, you make Papa and me smile and smile!

Kimsey Fam said...

Now you guys know how to have fun at the beach! I can't wait til our kids are older - it looks like fun. What beach is that?

Foote Family said...

I'm glad you had such a great time at the beach! We are spoiled living on an island, but it seems like it is always too hot to go in the summer and we're not able to cool off in the 80+ degree water. I love all the fun in the sand. The sand here is not very good for building sandcastles although the kids try.

Jennifer and Jacob said...

Wish I was there. If you can't get enough beach...head for Hawaii...oh wait, you are! Um, can't wait for you to go! I will call you tomorrow. Love you and miss you all

jenae nae said...

i am so glad to see someone else punishes their kids by burying them in the sand too- whew-glad i'm not the only one-

Ami said...

Marissa, it sure has been a long time! Maybe we'll be able to get together again some day. I have given you a blogger award. To see what to do, go to my blog.

Jade said...

Come on! Could you guys be any cuter? I miss you.