Friday, March 13, 2009

Crazy Hair Day

We've been doing the school's Read-a-thon for the past two weeks and I'm proud to say that both Ryan and Emma each read over 1,000 minutes! That's a lot of reading for a 6 and 7 year old and I think we're all breathing a sigh of relief that it's over! The school made it fun by having theme days for the kids: Different Shoe Day, Favorite Dr. Suess Character Day etc. Their favorite was "Crazy Hair Day."
Emma wore her very own afro curtesy of very small sponge curlers and Ryan requested a mohawk. You can see in the picture, his hair is a little shiny; I used so much gel, that it stayed up the entire day, even in extreme humidity!

I promise, I did not tell Emma to make a crazy face. No, the rubber face did that all on her own. Hahahahahahahahaha.

6 comments:

A.Jean said...

I'm lovin' the hair and I'm sending some BIG KUDOS for reading. Wow you two, that's impressive.

gmateresa said...

That was hilarious! It shocked me when I first saw the picture, before I read the post. Ha Ha. They are so stinkin cute!

gmateresa said...

By the way, this is Jen...didn't know I was logged on as Teresa :)

Mimi said...

Wow you two, that is SO impressive! Good readers. You look adorable Emma Claire. You're very handsome Ryan Chandler. I love you both.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Emma's face! She is the best. Darling kids.

Foote Family said...

Wow, it looks like Emma got a perm! Ryan looks great with his new do. I'll post pics of my Ryan's attempt last week at giving himself a mohawk.