Friday, March 20, 2009

Why Mormons Build Temples

Because most of my friends here in NC are not Latter-day Saints, I often field questions about our beliefs and why we choose to live the way we do. Some of the most common inquiries I have received are on the subject of the temple.

Within the LDS community over the past few weeks there has been some flutter about Big Love, an HBO show which inaccurately depicts Mormons as polygamists. Apparently, they are creating a new episode about the temple. To see the church's position on this, click here.

There will always be a great deal of speculation about the unknown, and for this reason, I thought this video might answer a few questions. My faith is something that keeps me going in tough times and I love being able to share it with others.


No comments: