Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Busch Gardens

Three cheers for Busch Gardens and their awesome program for military families which allowed us a free day at their amusement park! Totally cool. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. (The kids on all the rides and me pushing the stroller around holding coats and lunchboxes.) But being able to watch how much fun the kids had made it worth my while. I'm sure Busch Gardens was the highlight of the trip for Bryce.

Bryce, Shan, Emma after they got of the big splash ride. They didn't get too wet and said it was gentle, so I tried it next.... yeah, um, let's just say you don't get to see the picture of me afterwards because I sat behind a HUGE person and the water totally drenched us... I had mascara running and hair sticking to my head. Thanks for the tip, guys.
This is what I like to call "teacup torture." Check out Madeline's face! Hahahahahaha.

The swings are more like it, mom.
This terrifying little number is called "The Griffin" and it made me sick just to watch it. It was extremely tall and took them twisty and upside down and did all sorts of things I can hardly imagine. Shan and Bryce are on the top right.
Bryce looks thrilled he did it and sort of surprised he survived.



4 comments:

A.Jean said...

Wow, these are all awesome pix and it appears you all had a marvelous time. I showed Bill the pic of the cabin and he was impressed. Not a Navy man, ha. The Griffin looks fabulous. Don't know that I'd enjoy at this point in my life, but it would have scored big years ago. I totally love the look on Bryce's face. Great capture. It was my job to scare the pants off of Ty. Looks like a wonderful family time together.

The Seaquist Family said...

Oh how fun! Looks like you all had a great time. And I love the water ride story. That would so happen to me. I'm impressed you even got on it!

A.Jean said...

While channel surfing this afternoon, I stumbled onto a documentary about the building of the Griffin ride. How amazing is that?

desertortoise said...

What a fun family you guys are!