Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Pinewood Derby



This is old news, since I am way behind on blogging. But we mustn't forget the Pinewood Derby. Ryan chose the body style, sanded and painted it himsel, and then added some fire stickers. Shan supervised and helped him add the weights. (We added some taped quarters too after weigh in.) It turned out looking very cool. It definitely wasn't the fastest, but he won first prize for "Beauty" and that seemed to make him happy. Hip hooray for the Pinewood Derby.
Can I just say that I LOVE scouts for the opportunity it gives our boys to be involved in really cool things in a positive atmosphere. And I have to brag on Ryan's leader, Miss Maggie, because she has been doing this for like 15 years and still loves little boys!!!! (Seriously, being a scout leader is my personal nightmare... something about body odors and potty humor.... but I am so thankful for the ones who do it. Ryan absolutely loves it.)

5 comments:

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesat subiectul postat de tine, m-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazu am sa mai revin cu siguranta.
O zi buna!

A.Jean said...

Congrats Ryan. I love your design and no wonder it won the "beauty" award. It sleek and has lots of eye appeal. How very special that you were also able to share your scouting with Bryce. Marisa, once upon a time I was a den mother. Yup, I still get a nervous twitch just thinking about some of those meetings.

Foote Family said...

It looks like Ryan had a great time! My Ryan loves scouts, so while Duane is gone my Dad wiil step in and see what it's all about since all he had were girls.

The Seaquist Family said...

So cute! I love the pictures. Shot I didn't even think to get. Guess I need to think out of the box. Great job Ryan! We are SO going to miss you next year. Christian is going to be all by himself.

Mimi said...

Way to go Ryan! I love your derby design. You are a genius. Great pictures. Love you,
Mimi