Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Big Move

We couldn't have survived our move without some of the best parents in the world! We were so lucky to have both of our moms come out for Ryan's baptism and they were a HUGE help! Not only did they pack like crazy, they watched kids, and helped me pick tons of strawberries, make strawberry syrup, and can it in the middle of the night during the move. Thanks moms.
Doug also made it out and he was a huge help to Shan with projects around the house that the inspector had put on our "to-do" list. Here, he was replacing a facia board. Doug's knowledge and usefullness never gets old... I am continually amazed. Thanks Doug.
This is the real face of the move: neglected. Hasn't bathed in five days. Who knows if anyone brushed her hair, teeth, or even fed her for that matter. Let's just say they survived.

Why is the last day of moving the longest day of your life? It's unbelievable the way the last "few things" can take days! So Saturday night, we had everything out of the house and almost packed into the Penske. Almost. At that point, we realized there were many things that would have to stay behind because the truck was full. I was unhappy to say the least. So Shan saved the day and rented a small trailer to pull behind the Sienna. (Go Sienna.) Sunday, we made it to church and then came home to pack the rest. Needless to say, it turned into a full day of work, and definitely not a restful Sabbath day.
I like the reflection of Emma's face in the window; very cool.
Shan was stoked about getting on the road. He has always wanted a truck...

Despite our late night on Sunday, we were ready to close on Monday morning and the house was spotless. In fact, it was so nice, I thought maybe we should move in. But, I reluctantly handed over the keys before I could burst into tears and off we went. This was our entourage.

4 comments:

A.Jean said...

Love hearing the details of the adventure West. Having made many trip around and across the country, I do have a pretty good idea about all the factors involved and you know what I mean. So glad everyone is safe and sound in UT and ready for the next adventure.

This Life said...

Marisa, bitter sweet no doubt! And of course you are making strawberry syrup and canning it while packing for a cross country move! You crazy chick! Can't wait to see what's next for your family!

Carrie said...

OK, so where are you now? Utah? I love keeping up with family. I hope to be able to see all of you when you are up in Oregon -- just let me know. I am excited to have you met baby Arya. She is great!

Chelsea said...

Ooohooohoo, it just gives me the shivers thinking about how hard moving is. But you guys did it! And your kids will probably have great memories of it for the rest of their lives. I know I always loved moving when I was a kid. Can't wait to see you guys in Utah.