Tuesday, August 18, 2009

She did it!

Do you see Marisa finishing the Provo River 1/2 Marathon? She's the one on the left. I don't contribute much to the blog, but had to post Marisa's 1/2 marathon. She has been preparing diligently for months and was ready for the race. This race had several thousand participants and was along a beautiful stretch through Provo Canyon along the Provo River. She beat her goal by 14 minutes. Way to go Marisa!
Marisa was able to run with her sisters Jen and Amanda. Amanda traveled from San Antonio and has a new baby James who is just a few months old. Jen works nearly full time, takes care of her 3 children and still found time to train. Nice job ladies!

(Addition from Marisa: I couldn't have done it without my incredible sisters who have supported me through this whole process and pushed me on. When we signed up to run the race, I don't think any of us realized how important it would be. We have ironically all had separate struggles this year, but we conquered this and it felt great! Sisters are the best.)

6 comments:

Garett and Rachel said...

Way to Go!! It feels awesome doesn't it. I am already looking forward to running my next one. I'll wait a little bit longer then your sister did after having a baby.
You are a stud muffin

Jill T said...

So, so, impressive. I think it's awesome you all did it together!

A.Jean said...

Marisa, Jen and Amanda, my hat is off to the three of you. Very impressive. Glad I'm over 6o and that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it, haha. In my 61 year old mind there isn't a reason to run when you can stick a key in the ignition. Again, kudos to all of you. We remember Prove Canyon and it should have been a wonderful place for the run.

Jennifer and Jacob said...

I am so glad to have done it with you, Squeecer. I love you. You were my inspiration. You do so well when you put your mind to something. Let's do another one :)

Chelsea said...

Marisa, that is so awesome. I got a tear in my eye looking at that picture of the three of you. You guys are strong and amazing women. I'm proud of you.

Foote Family said...

Congrats!! I am looking at running a half marathon which I hope will lead up to a full one next year sometime. I'm glad that your move went smoothly. We're settling in and I finally feel like things are coming together. I'm hoping to update my blog this weekend. I'm sorry we missed each other in NC.