Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fish Lake Reunion

We were able to camp at Fish Lake this year with my extended family and it was so much fun! The children had a blast together hiking, fishing, and making crafts. One such craft was the infamous bamboo stick project (painstakingly brought from NC in the moving truck... much to Shan's delight:). Each child painted their own stick and we ended up with rainbow sticks, lightsabers, and swords. They turned out great and they loved hiking with them.
We decided to do the Calf Creek Falls hike, which is a perfect family hike. It follows a winding river through the bottom of a Canyon in Capitol Reef to it's source. It was hot and it took our caravan a few hours each way, but the children did great! When they tired, we'd just keep giving them Pixie Sticks and they'd perk right up. Hahahaha. They made it all the way!Jen and I


And this is what we saw when we got there! It was so beautiful!!! Cute Emelyse
And sweet baby James
The family shot.This one cracks me up... I am sacrificing an actual picture of me in a bathing suit for you to be able to check out Maddie's goggles.


Nana proved she is tough once again. Suddenly, while we were all munching on our lunches, she stood up and just walked right out there and didn't even yelp when she dove in. Brrrrr.

Can you see me? I thought my heart would stop because the water was sooooo cold. And I couldn't breathe because there was so much water in the air. But Shan made me touch it.

6 comments:

A.Jean said...

Wow another outstanding family adventure. Hard to imagine that the water was "breath taking." Glad no one seized up. The scenery is fabulous. Kudos to all the hikers. Love the walking sticks.

Carrie said...

You look great! Was there a gust of wind? Everyone looks cold. Glad you had a great time. What a beautiful place.

Jill T said...

Those falls are beautiful. Your swimming suit is cute. Emelyse is so grown up. And it sounds like a great reunion!

desertortoise said...

I'm glad you got to touch it. Love those falls!

Jennifer and Jacob said...

Yes, you are tougher than me :) I still regret that I didn't get right in there with you...I waited too long :)

Susan said...

Ok you need to call me so I can get your new info.