Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Emma's froggy


Emma is my child who loves all living things and will hold snakes, bugs, and frogs. I don't know where she gets it from- definitely NOT her mom. Once I looked over just as she popped an ant into her mouth and this conversation ensued:
"Emma, why are you eating an ant?"
"Well, Baloo on Jungle Book eats ants and I just wanted to see how they tasted."
"Are they tasty?"
"Yeah! Not bad."
She is always finding wildlife and sneaking them inside. I try to explain that the little froggy misses his mommy and really needs to go back into the woods. Hop little froggy, hop.


4 comments:

A.Jean said...

Emma, I too enjoy most creatures, bugs and etc, with the exception of snakes and mice. You're braver than I am. Uncle Bill has eaten ants and other bugs by choice. The only bugs I've ever eaten have been the occasionaly fly or some other winged creature while riding a bike or motorcycle. Jean

Anonymous said...

Marisa, I can always count on your kids to make me smile! I agree with Jean, she is brave. I would never pick up a frog! Can't wait to see you soon.

Emma looks absolutely gorgeous in this picture.

Rachel said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!
That is hilarious about the ant!!
And check out that cute frog. Nice goin' Emmma!
My sisters kids are like this too...bugs and worms all over their arms! AAGH!

Foote Family said...

I believe my Olivia will turn out to be like Emma. She too does not shy away from any living creature. I guess the ants are a good source of protein?!