Friday, June 13, 2008

A day at the beach

Things have been so nuts around here, that I decided we needed to take a day to remember why we came back to North Carolina in the first place. The beach is always so much fun because the kids love it and it is relaxing for me. It's my happy place.
Emma, Gabbie, Ryan

Maddie hated the waves (too big) but loved her sunglasses.

Emma spent the day finding buried treasure and seashells.

Ryan loved the waves and spent the entire day battling them. I could barely get his pruned body out!


My little mermaid.

We couldn't get enough of watching these birds. They were so amazing! They would soar above the water, looking for fish, and then dive down and get them. Then, these little scavenger birds would come and land on top of them, hoping for a free meal.

3 comments:

Foote Family said...

It looks like you all had a great time at the beach!! I have to admit that we don't take advantage of the beach as often as we should. I will try to do better this summer, but it gets so hot here that we don't want to go anywhere. I hope your visit with Shelly went well!

A.Jean said...

I thought I'd already left a comment, but appears to be an oops 60 thing. Appears to be a great day at the beach. Here in the NW one would have to be bundled in a wetsuit to enter the water. I appreciate seeing the life vests, something most people don't consider important. GA Jean

Peggy said...

These beach shots are fantastic. I want to be there with my beautiful, darling grandkids. Maddie's hair is SO long. She is a mermaid. Ryan is a fish. Emma is a sea goddess. Love their sun-kissed faces.
Mimi