Friday, June 13, 2008

Ryan's Birthday

My baby turned 7 and I can't do anything to slow him down!!! He is actually going to Boy Scout Day Camp next week and I'm so nervous about the whole thing. He can't wait!

We invited some friends over to weather the sticky heat. We had a water party in the backyard and the kids had a great time jumping on the trampoline with the sprinklers and tearing down the slip 'n slide.

So Ryan insisted on a Transformer party this year, which was pretty funny because I had about two seconds to put it together. My friend, Shelly, came and worked forever on the cake below, making a perfect transformer face out of m&ms. I knew we would need more cake than that since we invited whole families over, so I made an extra one and just threw the little transformer toys on top. Hmmm... guess which one Ryan liked best??? Why do we even go to the trouble?


He is now in Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Lego/Transformer heaven. Thank you family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a happy birthday handsome Ryan had! Papa and I wish we could've been there. Your cakes were divine and it just looks like an all around fantastic party.

Love you
mim

Foote Family said...

We hope you had a great birthday, Ryan!!

A.Jean said...

Happy belated birthday Ryan. Wow, 7 years old. I'm sure proud of how you're growing up and being a helper for Mom while Dad is away. Looks like you had a grand party. GA Jean

Chelsea said...

So funny about the cakes! And happy birthday to Ryan, I can't believe he's 7. It's crazy. Love the beach pictures and party pictures. I wish we were there!