Monday, December 22, 2008

Blogging should be against the rules in December

Seriously, who has time to blog in December? You can see, that I for one, do not! Much has been happening here. I am so happy to have the kids out of school and home for three weeks. We've been enjoying many Christmas festivities- decorating the house, shopping, making treats, more shopping, delivering treats, more shopping, wrapping and packing, sending out Christmas cards, standing in line at the post office for hours on end, school programs, Primary performances, choir performances, school parties, making more treats, more shopping, church parties, more treats, work parties, more treats, playgroup parties... party anyone?
In between all of the parties, we have been talking a lot about the Savior and His birth and life and what we can do for other people at this time of year. The kids are full of joy and excitement and have been working really hard on a Christmas surprise (that post is yet to come...) for someone in need.

This morning was Shan's work party, and it was a family fun run/breakfast. It was 26 degrees outside, something that is not typical for around here and we froze, but we still had fun. I made two big batches of sticky buns and they were DE-LI-CIOUS, so I'm going to post the recipe on my other blog, as well as some of the other crafty things we've been up to.

3 comments:

Jennifer and Jacob said...

My kids couldn't believe Madeline. She looks so big. Ethan kept saying "her hair is just so long!" It just snowed 8 inches here today. We made a snow fort and are excited for a white Christmas. We love you!

Jade said...

You guys are so awesome. Marisa I love the way you make Christmas so wonderful and exciting for your kids. That's something I've always wanted to do for my family too since my mom did it for us. We miss you guys a ton and wish we could be there with you. Love you! Merry Christmas!

Foote Family said...

I did not get to do nearly as much as I wanted to this year for the holidays. Between school and our trip I was lucky to get my cards done, but sad to say that they did not get out until after Christmas. I hope to have more time next year to do what I love during the holidays.