Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pinecones and Holly Berries

Singing about pinecones and holly berries will never be the same for me after living here in Southern Pines. We have so much holly and so many pinecones we don't know what to do with them! The holly tree in my front yard is one of my favorite plants. I never knew that holly really blooms in December until I moved here. The tree is just loaded with holly berries. But holly is really hard to kill and I have way to many bushes all over our property. We thought we killed one holly tree and two years later it sprang up right in the same spot! And as for pinecones, you wouldn't believe it. No, really. We have thousands and thousands of pinecones and we are constantly collecting and burning them. And as soon as they are picked up, it rains or blows, and another huge batch comes down. Pinecones and holly berries....

6 comments:

justLorie said...

That's so funny....you're trying to get rid of the Holly and I'm trying to get it to grow.....and Loved the idea of selling Mistletoe. I've only seen 1 tree here with it in it.

Chelsea said...

Fabulous. I LOVE where you live, except that it is too far from me.

gmateresa said...

That tree is amazing. Love the deep red and green colors!

Callie said...

You guys look great! How fun. Those holly berries are beautiful and what a cute idea of the mistletoe. WHY are you so darn creative. Seriously. We really miss you guys! Kinley and Addie have been talking about when Ryan and Emma were here... So tell them Hi from the girls. Talk to you later

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when I come to your house can I eat the holly berries? Do they taste good? I wanted to know if you ate them. And Emma, I liked your song, it was a pretty song. When I come up there can you sing it again sometimes?

Marisa said...

Dear Emelyse,

Sorry, the holly berries aren't for eating and I imagine they are very sour and yucky. We haven't eaten them, but they are pretty to look at. Emma says she would love to sing with you with her two new microphones!

Love, Aunt Marisa