Sunday, December 7, 2008

Emma's Fairy Tea Party

Miss Emma turned six today and I found myself wondering where the time has gone. It seems like yesterday when she was born. I hear people say that you forget about your labor and birthing experience, but I have never forgotten mine. Especially Emma's. It was long and very difficult, and I wondered why she didn't want to come out. But she hasn't been hesitant since! She is our eager one... full of laughter and creativity and spirit. We love you special girl.
Presents for breakfast
The jewelry box was a favorite.
We had her birthday party yesterday and she invited five little girls from her church class. The tissue paper flowers doubled as our center piece and as fairy wands
Tea with fairies
happy girls
cupcakes baked in ice cream cones
The wish

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Um, nice try trying to get me believe that you didn't put much work into this party. Are you kidding me? Either my perception or your perception of what's required is off! Girlfriend, that party is perfect. Those skirts? Those flowers? Those cupcakes? Too much.

Mimi said...

Wow! Super duper spectacular Birthday party for a supergirl!!!
Everything is SO pretty and delicious looking. Can't think of anything too much more fun than a "fairy tea party"!!!
Love from Mimi and Papa

Jennifer and Jacob said...

You sure know how to throw birthday parties! Your girls are going to have such great memories to stay with them. Happy Birthday, Emma!

A.Jean said...

Happy Birthday Emma. Looks like Mom did an extra special job of making your day special. I love those cupcake ice cream cones for all the gorgeous fairies. Looks like another perfect party in NC. Marisa, you continue to knock my socks off. Love from the farm, GA Jean

thehiattfamily said...

Is there anything you cannot do? What a beautiful party, you really out did yourself. It looks like everyone had a beautiful time!

Foote Family said...

Happy Birthday Emma! Marisa, you did a fabulous job making her birthday party a beautiful event. Aaaah, to have the resources to put on an event. I'm the branch activities chairman and I have to order everything online. I'm going to have Ryan choose his birthday party idea, so that we can get items while we're in UT. You are very talented!

tenley said...

You are so talented. You will have to let me know how you made the cupcake ice cream cones. Reese would love that! She has been asking about Madeline and where she is lately. This morning Tate said, "mom do you remember the Ryan that knows Mary Ann. I remember that he is a really nice person." It got me thinking about you and your cute family. I need to get your address so that I can send you a Christmas card. Tenley