Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas in Southern Pines

This is the nativity set puzzle that Papa (Doug) made and my kids love to rearrange it all season.

My kids are always excited for the live nativity on Christmas eve. They love to find their props and put together the costumes. Ryan did double duty as wisemen and shepherds.
Both girls wanted to be angels, so I was left to play Mary and Shan was Joseph.

Playing games on Christmas eve.

Waking up on Christmas morning!

Madeline was thrilled that Santa brought her exactly what she wanted... a sparkly mermaid costume!

Emma singing karaoke to her new cd player.

And this is the look of video games. They steal your children and turn them into zombies.

Santa must have been in a hurry because he left his dishes in the fireplace. He ate all the cookies, but Rudolph left the end of his carrot for us.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

OK. That picture of "Maddie the Mermaid" beats all. Papa lost his breath laughing with delight and called me to come immediately to see how she had turned into the hottest Ariel ever!!!! Ahahahahaha! She is SOOOOOOOOOOO cute.
We love every picture. The nativity angels (gorgeous), the handsome shepherd, the Christmas morning picture and all the delights that follow.
Love you
Mimi and Papa

Foote Family said...

My Ryan was convinced that he was getting a DS from Santa this year even though I promised him that he would not. I am afraid of what it would do to my son who loves to play outside.

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh, that picture of Madeline! Aha! She is so hilarious! I love that mermaid outfit and it's clear she does too. SOOOO cute.