Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Madeline Turns Three

When Madeline asked for an "Ariel" party, I had to use my creative juices. While I love to throw parties, I really can't stand character anything. So, I created an ocean party, threw an Ariel candle on top of the cake, and Madeline loved it. I can hardly stand that my baby is three years old! It is seriously breaking my heart. She has just been an absolute delight to have in our home.
You are so precious sweet Madeline. We love you so. Madeline's invitations read, "Little mermaids of the sea, Madeline is turning three!" She walked around the house all week long saying it over and over and holding up three fingers at the end.
Fellow cake lovers, check my other blog for a better cake view.
Madeline's favorite present was a jewelry box with five pullout drawers. She spends hours pulling the jewelry out, putting it on, and then packing it back up.
We went fishing for prizes (punch balloons).
The two little mermaids.

The gentleman.

Emma, Madeline, her friend Kendi, and the three sweetest older girls ever. They are from our church and love to play with Madeline. I invited them to our party to help out with the little girls and it made Madeline feel so special.

We made mermaid crowns from silk flowers, ribbons, and stretch cord.

7 comments:

A.Jean said...

Happy Birthday Madeline. You're so beautiful and I bet Ariel would be proud that you chose her as your party theme. Marisa, you're too much. That cake doesn't fit the initial description, "threw an Ariel candle on top of the cake." I know about a proceedure like that and the outcome ain't pretty, ha. Wow, that was a prize. Looks like all the girls, big and small and big brother had a good time. Love from the farm, GA Jean

Foote Family said...

I am there with you, I can't believe Olivia is three alread! It seems like we were just pregnant with them. Could this be why it's hard to believe I'm already 6mos pregnant with another one? It looks like she had a great time at her party. Happy birthday Madeline!

Jessica S. said...

I can't believe she's 3. I just remember when you were so miserable & pregnant with her with your gestational diabetes and being RS president all at the same time... fond memories :)

Ami said...

Marissa,

I really enjoy looking at your blog and keeping up on your family a little! I need your address so that I can send you a Christmas card. my e-mail is amigaryj@hotmail.com Thanks! Ami bartholomew

Mimi said...

Another spectacular party! Maddie! You are SO grown-up and SO beautiful!!! Looks like you got the VIP treatment for your Birthday.
Love
Mimi and Papa

Jennifer and Jacob said...

Oh boy, I miss those sweet girls! I can't believe she is three either. I wish I could have been there to celebrate. I am sorry I didn't call her on her b day. We were all sick with the stomach flu, and I didn't get out of bed once. Loves and kisses, aunt Jennifer

thehiattfamily said...

We so wish we could have been there! I hate that we missed it. I hope she had a beautiful time.