Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Heartfelt Thanks

The other day, as I watched Shan make paper airplanes with the kids, I was totally overwhelmed with gratitude to have him back in our home. This is a heartfelt thanks to all of you who have supported our family over the past 15 months. While it wasn't easy, it was defninitely character building. Our family was blessed, our marriage was strengthened, and our children have grown in so many ways. Shan can't believe how much they have each matured. I certainly don't take the credit. That belongs to the Lord above for providing answers to my prayers, and to all of you who provided love and support along the way. We have been touched by a continual outpouring of phone calls, emails, and kind words. Shan feels honored to have served our country, and all of you can feel an ownership of sorts by helping our family get through it. We are so grateful to have him home, but we will continue to pray for our world leaders, and our soldiers in harms way. Please don't forget about the rest of them.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Thanks Marisa. And, yes, you do get the credit, loads of it, for your devotion to your kids and to Shan. For all you endured and suffered on your own. Thank goodness you always knew where to turn for help.
What a darling picture that is. I cannot wait to see all of you again.
Love you
Mimi

justLorie said...

Just returning the favor! Glad he's home safe and sound.

Rachel said...

Each one of those words echoed clear through me. Thank you for your sacrifice. Seriously, thank you so much to each one of your precious darling family members.

A.Jean said...

Marisa, you are one of the strongest people I know and I know that our Heavenly Father kept a close eye on the Grimmius family; in Iraq, NC, UT, OR or where ever any of you were located. I love seeing Dad and Ryan having fun together and paper airplanes are a fabulous activity. Keeping it simple is one of the best ways to strengthen relationships or almost anything. Probably boils down respect and love and I have both for all of you in NC. Love from the farm, Jean

Jennifer and Jacob said...

In turn, you strengthened each of us as well by our example. I look up to you in so many ways, and am grateful that I have family like you to inspire me always.
Of course we will continue to pray for and support our world leaders. They truly need our help.
Love you!