Thursday, September 4, 2008

Watching Hanna and Ike

I guess it is only fitting that we are going to end this deployment weathering a hurricane. It's kind of a good analogy of how we're all feeling at this point!

So we've been put on an official "hurricane watch," and I guess the rain and wind are going to start early Saturday around 2 a.m. Fun times. If only I didn't have a HUGE dead pine tree out front... I'll take pictures if anything eventful happens. And, I'll be stocking up on groceries and gas tomorrow, just in case. If you want to track the storm, here is the link:

www.weather.com/newscenter/hurricanecentral/2008/hanna.html

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Good luck Marisa, I hope all you get is a little wind and rain. :)

Foote Family said...

Best wishes! We get typhoons here, which are the same as hurricanes except they spin in the opposite direction (at least that's what I've been told). We are in the season from June-November and usually have four or five, but have yet to have any come our way this season. We had a huge one last summer, I think a cat 5. The Japanese sure do know how to build here. The wind was loud, which made it difficult to sleep, but we didn't even lose our cable. There were just a bunch of blown down trees and branches everywhere. It is just amazing how their building hold up! I guess they should when everything is made out of cement.

Anyway, I don't know if my parents will catch any of this down in St. Augustine, FL. Good luck with your tree!

Anonymous said...

Scary! I hope that you and the kids are safe. We miss you guys and are so happy that Shan is returning home soon. We can't wait until you move closer. Good luck! Love you

Peggy said...

I was on the weather tracker online and saw that you guys are on a tornado watch tonight. Sheesh. Sometimes you don't need extra excitement. Hope you're sleeping safely. We will be watching.
Love
Peg/Mimi

A.Jean said...

Hey there darlings. Trusting by the time you read this, that you've had a good night or at least able to grab a few winks. I'm doing this at a bit after 10. Was hoping to see your counter flip to a single digit, but I'll check back tomorow. Love all of you and hope you're safe. Jean